A great and terrible beauty [electronic resource] / Libba Bray.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780375890499 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 0375890491 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- ISBN: 9780375890499 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- ISBN: 0375890491 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- Physical Description: 403 p. ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Delacorte Press, c2003.
|Summary, etc.:||It's 1895, and after the suicide of her mother, 16-year-old Gemma Doyle is shipped off from the life she knows in India to Spence, a proper boarding school in England. Lonely, guilt-ridden, and prone to visions of the future that have an uncomfortable habit of coming true, Gemma's reception there is a chilly one. To make things worse, she's been followed by a mysterious young Indian man, a man sent to watch her. But why? What is her destiny? And what will her entanglement with Spence's most powerful girls--and their foray into the spiritual world--lead to?|
Electronic reproduction. New York : Random House Children's Books, 2003. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 2593 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 401 KB).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Teenage girls England Juvenile fiction
Boarding schools Juvenile fiction
Schools Juvenile fiction
Magic Juvenile fiction
England Social life and customs 19th century Juvenile fiction